Search This Blog

January 8, 2017

Happy January!

I don't do New Year's Resolutions, simply because they don't work for me. If i'm going to do something or not do something, the time of year doesn't factor in.

Hubby got me a year long BOM for a present. It starts the end of January and it is Sarah Fielke's Down the Rabbit Hole. Until January 15th, 2017, you have the option to sign up for monthly payments.
We can't post too much and I'm a little fuzzy on what we can post, right now, so click through and scroll down a bit to see the illustration of the quilt. I am doing a color palette in greens, blues, yellows, reds and oranges, with black or grey bunnies, depends on which I have enough fabric of. I am planning on making the dresdans have a fan appearance, which will require a small change in the original design, so I will have to see if that plan works or not much later.
I really love that we can see a representation of the finished quilt before starting the class, as I am rather particular about what I make. The mystery is what keeps me away from a lot of the BOMs, as I really need to see what I am getting into.

A couple of winnings: Gigi's Fabric Shop, from the 12 Days of Christmas event they hosted on facebook. I chose a yard of Rising Tide in Tangerine. I plan on using this for my sunflowers and an outer border. (i borrowed the image from Gigi as the package is on it's way)
The 2nd winning is this lovely stack of Allison Glass 76, that Aurifil was giving away.
Complete with matching Aurifil threads! (of course) They do Meet the Designer interviews on AURIbuzz, with a giveaway for the designers newest fabric collection and a matching set of Aurifil threads. Alison Glass did an interview for the release of 76, early in December. Very happy, as there are several colors that are perfect for my new BOM fabric choices and the orange should match the Rising Tide in Tangerine perfectly. I am still deciding if I want to incorporate some of 76 into some of the flowers and leaves for the BOM.

And! I am close to finishing my fairy wallhanging.
It might be hard to see the difference from the last picture. It is sandwiched and I have my motifs marked with colored chalk. Which will, hopefully, stick around long enough to finish the quilting. I appliqued all the pieces down with just edge stitching and am using the quilting to add details to areas like the wings and skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment