Search This Blog

June 20, 2013

Updates

Life got a bit busy around here when school let out. There is no such thing as summer vacation. My Grand mother in law has 1.5 acre of land around a 3 bedroom house. She is 81 years old and well she can still do many things, the house is a bit much for her. So the 3 of us (me, my hubby and my MIL) go up there at least every couple of days to help her with something. Be it dusting, weeding, mowing, etc. So sewing has taken a bit of a back seat to helping her keep up with things.

I did get the baby quilt finished. This one is hand quilted, so it was very portable and often went to grannies to get worked on during breaks.





These are part of the queen size quilt. The bottom 2 are Shasta Daisies, while the top 2 are fussy cut from some stained glass print that I love. The center of the Shasta Daisies are leftover bits from the stained glass print. I adore scraps. I can usually get quite a bit out of what some people will throw away. I have most of the blocks done and once they are completed I will start on the sashing, which is a beautiful brown and cream/pink.

Sorry about the lack of designer names, I don't really keep track. While I sometimes buy because of the designer, often I buy because the fabric works with the other fabric I have for a project, i love the print/color or because I have a project I am starting. I mix fabric collections all the time. Whatever looks good goes.



1 comment: